For the past six years, the Peacebuilding Programme within ICON has accepted a large number of new PhD (and some master’s students) each year. This is no longer possible but we may accept a handful of new students in 2020.
The following selection criteria will apply. Please do not apply if you do not meet these:
- A very strong record in your previous university studies. This means a minimum of a 70% average in your BTech/Honours/PGDip (if applying for entry to a master’s degree) or master’s degree (if applying for entry to a PhD)
willingness to undertake action research on one of the following topics
(if you are not sure what action research is, see http://www.icon.org.za/current/resources/)
- Tackling gender based violence on university campuses
- Restorative justice programmes with prisoners/ex-prisoners and their families
- Training young men in responsible, loving and nonviolent fathering
- Able to study full-time i.e. if employed, then for less than 12 hours per week
- Able to spend the first semester, at least, on campus.
Note that full-time students are not required to pay tuition fees and may be eligible for a DUT scholarship. On scholarships, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications: July 31, 2019